Thursday, July 10, 2008

Baby (Oh Baby) Shower

Some friends of mine at work threw me a baby shower yesterday and oh what a shower it was. Here is a picture of the ladies that planned the whole event. You girls ROCK!!














There were pink and white streamers all over the room, red table cloths, raspbery punch and an amazing chocolate cake. I won't tell you how much of the cake I had, but I was FULL. It was all so amazing! There were almost thirty people there at one time or another, and I was overwhelmed at their generosity. Samantha is going to have so much nice stuff when she gets home.

For those of you who know me well, I'm not one of those people who is more afraid of public speaking than death. In fact when I was growing up, my sister used to call me "See and Be Seen!" Sad but probably true... So the request for a little speech at the beginning of the shower was not a difficult thing for me (although I can't say I was completely prepared for it). Everyone was very interested to hear about the process and the status of getting Samantha home. Of course, I was a little sad yesterday to hear about the Shaw family's RFE (which is a delay for the family to get their son home). But I am faithful and confident that it will work out very soon. Hang in there Tiffany! You'll be holding Mason before you know it.

We ate cake and had some of the wonderful raspberry punch. I couldn't get enough of the punch either. It was amazing! Thank you, Margot for the great recipe! (BTW, this is my friend, Jill, at the punch bowl)






Here are a few more photos of the shower yesterday.

This bib reads, "If you think I'm cute, you should see my Mom." As you can tell, I laughed so hard when I saw this. How hilarious and so not true!!

I got an incredible car seat that will last Samantha until she no longer needs one (infant, toddler and booster seat all in one).

This is Margot (left) and Cherie (front right) who were a big part of putting together the shower.



Here I am with a few friends from work... eating cake, of course.



I'm practicing with the swaddled teddy bear! Not much time left to practice. Yay!



A little streamer humor... You go girl. I had a blast!! Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen and was a part of it in any way. I am blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life who are so caring and supportive. My cup is definitely running over.

Dana

4 comments:

The Hines Family said...

It looks like a fun shower! I love the big poster of Samantha--what a neat idea! :-)

Julie said...

Sounds like a wonderful party!! I loved the big poster of Samantha too!

Kathy Irwin said...

So much fun!! What a great group of friends. Can't wait for your travel approval to come.
Kathy

Tiffany said...

Thank you so much Dana. I love how they decorated the room. The big blow up picture of Samantha is my FAVORITE!!! :) Yippee!!!! I can't wait for her to be home.