Angie (my sis) and Jeff (her hubby) were very kind to give me their baby furniture to use for my little girl. I decided that I would paint it black so that it would match the materials I picked out for the baby's room. Dad sanded and painted it for me while he was out visiting over the last couple of weeks. He said that sanding Avery's bite marks were particularly fun! I would say that I helped him, but that's not entirely true. I helped him sand and paint a little the first weekend in the beginning, but he mostly worked on it by himself while I was at work during the days. It was a very frustrating process for him, but he hung in there and got it done.
If you have never painted anything black before, Dad says, "Don't!" It's difficult to get it just right. If you're anywhere near a perfectionist, it's even more frustrating. After three different colors and levels of sheen, we finally got it right. Dad did a great job, as usual, and it looks beautiful! Now I just have to paint the baby's room so that I can put the crib together and get it all put together. I think that will be a project for next weekend. I'll be sure to post photos once I get it done.
I'm still waiting to hear that the last of my documents arrives at my agency (PLAN). As soon as PLAN sends it off to Vietnam, I am officially on the waiting list for my little girl. It's called DTV and stands for something like "documents to Vietnam." It's a huge step in the adoption process. If the last document hasn't been lost in the mail, I could be DTV by the end of this week. Yay!
I made a few other updates to the blog today. Thanks to my new friend, Wendi, who is also adopting from Vietnam with her hubby! I learned how to add the local time in Hanoi as well as how to add a timeline tracking how long the adoption process has taken. I'm sure I'll be adding more features and posting more photos along the way. Stay tuned and let me know you're out there! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Your blog is looking great! I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!
What a huge step! Viet Nam shall be a wonderful adventure. Im so proud of you! Let the countdown begin. Wishing you all the joy and experiences of a lifetime.
Cheers,
Chris Philp
Post a Comment