Friday, October 5, 2007

I'm officially DTV on 10/6!

I just got great news from PLAN today. My last document arrived this week, and they have finished processing my dossier. My dossier will go in the mail tomorrow morning (Saturday 10/6), and I will officially be DTV (documents to Vietnam). For those of you who aren't familiar with the adoption process or haven't read other posts of mine, this means I'm officially on the wait list for my baby. I'm beyond happy! It's killing me that Angie is out of town on a business trip and I can't reach her to share the good news. Who knows... maybe she's reading this post!?!

I have witnessed many other families "going DTV" and have been genuinely happy for them thinking that I understood the importance of this milestone and thinking that I understood how they must be feeling. It's true, though, that you really can't understand what something is like until you experience it for yourself. It's such a happy, emotional time for me right now. I love my life!

Now I have started thinking that my baby could possibly be born any day. It makes me want to keep a journal of what's happening in my life so that when I find out her birth date I can remember what I was doing that day when she was born. Of course, the detailed analytic in me will adjust for the time difference between here and Vietnam. :-)

I hope this post finds you happy and healthy! Let me know you were here by adding comments if you feel like it. --- Dana

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Congratulations- crossing my fingers for a speedy referral!

Julie said...

Congratulations! Being DTV is a big milestone! I've been keeping a journal too. I think it would be so strange to look back and not know what I was doing on the day my daughter was born.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sexy,
its so very good to know that u r finally relaising your long cherished dream:-)
May God Bless you..always!

Lotssssa LUvvvvv
Vivek

Maria said...

Congratulations on being DTV. We are working hard to get there as well!!

Love the blog!
Maria
PAP - Vietnam