Wednesday, October 10, 2007

If at first you don't succeed...

... try, try again, right? Well that's the story with the nursery painting so far. I started with a light pink paint. While I like it fine, it's just not making for a warm feeling in the room. So I went back and got a deep red color to paint on the bottom half of the walls. I'm going to start there and plan to finish it off with a chair rail moulding between the pink and red. But I'm not sure where I want the red paint to stop. I will finish the upper walls with the pink and take it down fairly low. Then I'll start with the red going up to a certain height and see how I like it. The entire room may end up red before I'm done with it. Who knows? I'm just going to keep adding the red until I'm satisfied with the outcome.

The trim in my house is an off white color, and it looks almost green next to the light pink. The closet door especially looks bad up against the pink. So the closet corner may be painted entirely red with the rest of the room half pink and half red. I really don't want to paint all of the moulding bright white to make this work, but I will if it will look better. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Heather Field said...

Advice? No. But if you go to my blog www.journeytosamantha.blogspot.com and go to my May 6th post, you can see how mine turned out. We did a chair rail about 1/3 up with dark pink and the top with light pink. I like the way it turned out, but I did have my doubts while it was in the works! I bet pink and red will be cute together, can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

I got a lot of the ideas for my nursery by googling "ladybug nursery" and then clicking on images. Once you get passed all the retail pictures, you will actually see a lot of pics of real peoples nurseries. You will even see your bedding in some. Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You deserve every wonderful thing in the world. I'm sure you will make a wonderful mother, Dana. Your baby will have a better life because of you. Again, congratulations.

Kelli said...

You've been tagged. Visit my blog if you would like to participate!