Friday, August 15, 2008

Have Tickets, Will Travel

Whoo Hoo! We have tickets. They arrived yesterday! Well, we have e-tickets except for Samantha. It's so cool to see her Vietnamese name on them. We also applied for our visas. They should arrive at the Consulate today and be back in a week or so. We didn't bother expediting since we had 3+ weeks left before travel.

Several other families received travel approval yesterday. Some were only waiting 9-11 business days for that approval, so they are shocked and elated. One family who got approval yesterday lives near me, and we have met before. Congratulations Feaster family! They were told that they may be traveling the same week as us or the week after. So we'll definitely be in-country at the same time. This is so exciting. There are sooooo many families getting approval and traveling just before or after us. It will be a big PLAN family union in Hanoi. The city will never be the same again. :-)

Packing and preparation is coming along pretty well. I just keep plugging along and trying to check off as many items as I can each day. I guess I'll find out how organized I am here soon. I have started bouncing off the walls lately without caffeine too. I don't know where all of this energy came from, but it's a blessing. I really need it to get everything done at home and work.

Best wishes to everyone out there following my blog. Please let me know you're out there reading this. I'm going to try to post at least one picture and a paragraph each day to help folks follow along on our journey starting 9/6. I figure between me, Mama and Katie, we can get that done easily.

21 days before liftoff and counting...

Dana

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm ready Dana and I can't wait to see little bitty Sam in your arms! Keep up with your blog -- we'll be watching and waiting each day! Safe travels!

Dawn Edgar

Leeshie said...

Yeah! I love your blog and all the work that you have done for the BaVi Family's! We'll be traveling together so we'll see you on 9/8!

Monica said...

So excited for you! You will have a wonderful time with your daughter!! We were gearing up to travel about a year ago, so I am happily revisiting my past by reading about your present.

Monica D.
AP 2007 Phu Tho