Monday, August 11, 2008

Travel Dates and Airline Tickets

I have travel dates! We leave on Thursday evening 9/4 and return on Friday 9/26. I'm hoping to be getting Samantha on Monday 9/8 and will do everything I can to post at least one photo and one paragraph daily while I'm there. I hope you follow along on our journey in Vietnam.

I am so thankful that my Mom (Phyllis) and my friend (Katie M.) are traveling with me to Hanoi. It feels so good knowing that I will have people who are close to me there sharing in this experience with me. Being a first-time mom, I'm sure I will enjoy having the support.

We arrive in Hanoi at 10 am Saturday 9/6 which is 9 pm Friday in Idaho. That gives us a couple of nights to get used to the new time zone. From my extensive experience traveling to Asia for business over the years, it's much easier going over there than it is returning home. So two days should be just right before getting little Thuy at Ba Vi.

We got our airline tickets booked working through Todd (many other families have worked with Todd very successfully). He seems convinced we will come back early if we get Sam's visa quickly, but we are planning on staying the full three weeks. We can't wait for the Vietnam adventure. Who knows how long it will be before we are back, so we're gonna explore as much as little Samantha will allow us to do. I can't wait to have her in the Baby Bjorn tooling around Hanoi!

The next step is taking care of our visas this week. Then I have to finish all of the nanny gifts and packing. There's so much to do.

Best wishes to everyone waiting for referrals, I600 receipts and travel dates! My thoughts and prayers are with you continually.

Dana

8 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Dana,
I just saw your message on my blog and I couldn't find your email. I am set to pick up Jasmine on 9/1 so we will both be there at the same time for one week. I'm so excited! Where will you be staying? I'll be at the Somerset.
Marie
marie_elaine1357@yahoo.com

Mark and Mary said...

Wow! You'll be in Hanoi before you know it. We look so forward to following your blog to your beautiful little girl.

Kelli said...

Can't wait to follow your journey!

Susan A. said...

I am so happy for your wonderful news to travel! You are blessed to receive such a fast appoval! Best wishes for a wonderful journey to your adorable little girl :)
Susan Appelbaum
DTV 9/7

Tiffany said...

We can't wait to follow your journey! Congratulations again. We are so happy for you two!

The Hines Family said...

Can't wait to hang out with you (and Samantha!) soon! :-)

Sandra & Steve said...

Dana, I don't post much but I check in almost daily, let me say again how happy I am you're on your way to your baby girl. And thank you for your kind thoughts and comforting words regarding mine. Can't wait to see THE picture, Samantha in YOUR arms!

Jennifer Cheer said...

Dana-
You are getting so close to your travel date! I can't wait to follow along! Looks like you are making great progress in preparing. It is so wonderful to have your mom & friend come along. This will be a trip of a lifetime and one of the most precious memories to share with them.