Friday, August 1, 2008

More Than I Bargained For Today

Well I logged in looking for new pictures of Samantha today and found out that I have been approved to travel to go get her. What a surprise! I was on day 35 of a possible 60 working day wait and had NO IDEA that this would happen today. What a great day! Please remember to keep the other waiting families in your prayers, though. It is very bittersweet receiving this news today when others have waited so much longer for their travel approval.

I did manage to download some of the new photos of Samantha too. Here they are:

Samantha in a yellow walker















I think she's about to suck her thumb... how cute!















I love seeing the nannies holding Samantha. Leanne, it looks like your little Emma is right in front of Samantha. Aw...















Well it's super late, and I've got to get some rest. I'll continue to update more as I learn more.

Dana

9 comments:

Leigh and Anthony said...

Congratulations Dana. That's Oliver in the last photo in the tank top putting something in his mouth. :)

Mark and Mary said...

What a great day! Congratulations on your approval and her new pictures are adorable.

Marie said...

Dana,
Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you. Your daughter is adorable. I bet you're on cloud 9.
All the best,
Marie

Emily said...

Congratulations, Dana! I'm thrilled for you. I hope you get to travel to that sweet girl soon!

Kathy Irwin said...

CONGRATS DANA!! What an unexpected blessing to receive travel approval so quickly!! I can't wait to follow your journey in Vietnam! Her pictures are so precious!!
Kathy

Julie said...

Congratulations Dana!! What a wonderful surprise! I can't wait to see little Samantha in your arms!

Anonymous said...

Awesome news Dana!!! I hope you get your travel call very soon.
Wendi

The Hines Family said...

What an awesome surprise!! Samantha is adorable! Can't wait to meet yo in Vietnam! :-)

Anonymous said...

Dana,
Thank you for pointing out which one is Emma.
All the babies are so beautiful, God has his hand in so many things.Thank you for keeping my sanity with locating her.