Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mama D and Mama Cina Out On the Town with our Peeps

We had a great Friday in Hanoi. We did some more shopping and got some cool gifts. Samantha was a trooper as usual. We took a trip back to Cathy Pacific trying to make sure all of our tickets were ready to go for the return change to Monday. The tickets are definitely ready to go, but the second trip to the office wasn't necessary. We had a great lunch at Highlands Coffee again across from the CP office.

Then Katie and I visited the water puppet show while Mom babysat Samantha. We had heard from several families that the babies only enjoyed about 20 minutes of the show that lasts an hour, so we let Samantha off the hook when Mom decided she didn't want to see the show. We thoroughly enjoyed the puppet show. It was really neat the way they used the puppets and threw water around while the traditional Vietnamese music was playing. We have visited a music instrument shop here in Hanoi and have learned a little about how the instruments are used. It made the show even more interesting watching both the puppets and the orchestra. I don't have pics of the show... camera's with Katie tonight. I'll try to post one later.

After the puppet show, we had a spectacular dinner at Bobby Chinn's. It was the BEST meal we have had here in Hanoi. Here are a couple of pictures from dinner tonight. Samantha was such a good girl again. She continues to amaze me. I'm so thankful for her in my life.

Mama Cina's Mama entertaining Samantha while I enjoy the curry prawns


Mama Cina and Nam Duc...


Katie, Mom, Samantha and me...


Blurry but very cute photo of Katie holding Samantha (with one of her favorite toys... a red straw)


That's about it for tonight.

Peace out,
Dana

No comments: